City Rain

City Rain

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Endless Nights

The nights are getting longer.  They're always getting longer.  You know why they get longer?  Because you continue to torment me.  Why do you keep tormenting me?  You're the source of all my confusion.  I can't even like one girl anymore.  I don't know who I like anymore, because you keep coming back.  Even after I have repeatedly tried to get rid of you out of my head for good.  Normally, that would've worked on any other girl, but you.  I don't know what it is about you, but you won't leave.  Why do you stay when all others have gone?  What makes you different from the rest of them?  What is it about you that I keep coming back to?  I want to be with you, yet at the same time, I want you gone.  I hate the fact that there are certain things that constantly remind me of you.  Why are you different?  Why do you keep returning to torment me?  Just leave me alone.  I want sleep.  I need sleep.  But I can't hide within my dreams, because you'll find me there.  You already have found me there.  Those bittersweet dreams where you appear.  What can I do to get you to leave? What do you want from me?  What do you want me to do?  What I need to do is run, keep running from you.  Run far away so I can figure this out.

-250

No comments:

Post a Comment