City Rain

City Rain

Sunday, February 6, 2011

I'm one strange soul.  You know, there are those people who like being in the city and think that everything happens in the city.  Then there are those few who do not like the city.  Those people like the small towns in isolated places, kinda like out in the middle of nowhere.  I'm one of those people.  I'll admit it, the city sometimes has its charms.  But living in the city? It ain't worth it.  I'm sorry but it ain't worth it.  There's too much noise, too much light, and too much drama.  I believe myself to be a person with a young body and an old spirit.  I always seem to have a curiousity for things ancient and old.  It makes me feel uplifted, especially when I'm in an old, small town, like Beaver, UT, for example.  I think the reason why I like small towns so much is because of two things.  One: It's a place of memories old and almost forgotten.  I'm a geek when it comes to that.  There's just so much history there, it's completely fascinating to me.  Two: because a town is classified as a "small town," I like to think that everyone in that town seems to know each other.  My dad grew up in Blanding, and that's how he described living in a small town.  Everyone seemed to know each other, establishing a sort of connection with one another.  Being the person that I am, I want to be in a place where I know a lot of people and are friends with them.  Plus, I like how those towns are away from the city, away from light pollution and stuff like that, so I can see the stars better.  Some prefer cities, others prefer small towns.  To each his own.

-250

No comments:

Post a Comment